Monday, April 2, 2012

So... Where Have I Been?

Well... long story as short as possible... ecomony dictated that take a full-time job. I got a great job in a dental lab. Loved working there, but after some time, I developed an allergy to 2 of the chemicals I was working with, which was causing extremely severe dermatitis. I very reluctantly had to give up my job.

Within days my very dear friend who also happened to be my mother-in-law, came to stay with us. She had been battling metastatic breast cancer for a very long time and chose to decline further treatment. With the help of her husband and hospice, I cared for her until sadly, she left us on January 11, 2012.

I was left with no job, and my mother-in-law was gone. I didn't quite know what to do with myself. I started to think about trying to do something with my art work. About mid-February I got a message through my Etsy shop from a local woman who said she loved my work and wondered if I would be a vendor at local craft/artisan fair. That kinda got the spark going again.

Within 4 days of receiving that message another woman contacted me out of the blue and asked if I'd have any interest in teaching a workshop at a convention next spring. WOW!! I was floored, to say that least. I've never even attended a workshop, much less thought about teaching one! After hearing all the details and checking things out, I thought, "why not?". So I went ahead and submitted my proposals and in a few weeks we'll see if they've been accepted.

...So that's where I've been, right up to where I'm at now. Working hard to get my Etsy shop moving and maybe do something with my art aside from letting sit around collecting dust. I have lots of work to show you, but tonight I'll just post the pictures of the dolls that I submitted for the convention workshop...




No comments:

Post a Comment