Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Little Bird for Spring


Not sure if this will fly...(pardon the pun :) but here's a little project I began yesterday. I didn't really have a plan, but I have this great old doily that's pretty stained. No matter what I try, I can't budge any of the stains. It has 6 hand embroidered tulips on it and I can't bear to let it go to waste. So I cut out the tulips and figured I'd come up with some creative way to use them. here's one of my ideas ... a little spring bird. She isn't finished and I cant decide what to do for her legs, so I'll set her aside for a while until I come up with something. I think she's kinda neat and a little different. If she turns out well, then I just may use the rest of the tulips to create an entire family for her... we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment